New Custom Computers from Cheap to Expensive
Compuboost was founded in 1992 as a computer sales and service store. Since then we have serviced over 250,000 pcs in the southern Orange County area. We have also sold a variety of custom units, from cost effective kiosk machines, all the way to expensive and very high end gaming machines, workstations and servers.
We carry all kinds of PCs
- Desktop PC
- Notebook or Laptop PC
- AIO All in One PC
- Slim case
- Full Tower
- Rack Mount
We build custom computers. These include POS (point of sales), data entry pcs and tablets, and specialized custom computers for machine control (for 3D printing, CNC machines, medical equipment), Bitcoin Mining. We can supply any needed component, interface and help with physical installation and setup of your custom computer. We do both low end (inexpensive) as well as the highest end gaming and workstations
- Simple POS system Optimized for size, durability, low maintenance
- Data Entry PCs and Tablets: Optimized for price
- Machine control/Kiosk PC: Optimized for size, compatibility, durability.
- Virtual Currency, eg Bitcoin Mining PC: Optimized single purpose machine
- Gaming PC: Optimized for gaming applications
- Workstations: Optimized for Engineering and Design Applications
- Small File Servers: Optimized for Cost and Durability
- Large Data Center Servers: Optimized for Speed and Performance
We build custom gaming PCs. These include custom super powerful gaming PC with Intel Core i9, NVidia GTX, RTX, Quadro and AMD Ryzen processors and video. We carry a full line of compact and Full Tower gaming chassis, with power supplies that vary from 500W upto 1500W to power multiple video cards and CPUs
- Nvidia GTX, RTX and Quadro Cards
- AMD Ryzen CPU and Radeon Video Cards
- Intel Multicore CPU i7, i9, Xeon Processors
- DDR4 and DDR5 RAM
- SSD Drives, Msata and regular to 2TB
- Rotational (normal drives) to 8TB each spindle
- Soundblaster Card
- 4K and 8K gaming monitors (fast refresh)
- Water Cooling
- Overclocking Motherboards: ASUS, MSI GIGABYTE, Intel
- DVD players
- Gaming Keyboard and Mice
- VR (Virtual Reality) Headsets
Custom Computer: Gaming Notebook
We carry the MSI line of gaming notebooks. Even in a portable notebook format, MSI has multi video card configurations that make the mobile gaming PC almast as fast as the fastest Desktop, but with carry around convenience.
Gaming laptops and notebooks have becoming popular recently. Aside from only the most strenuous game, notebooks have evolved where they can almost match desktops. In reality, they are portable desktops, because they draw so much power, both by the graphics card, CPU and video that battery life is generally poor. However, gaming laptops are portable, so a person can carry his gaming platform everywhere he goes and enjoy his game.
Custom Computer: Cad or Design Workstations
Another custom area of PC we provide is custom workstations. Most are based on the Nvidia Quadro Video card, for applications like Engineering, using Solid Works, Auto Cad, Sketch up and other design tools. Also graphics and video design, using the latest software from Adobe, AAvid and others.
The requirements for workstations is different from gaming machines, although both are fast and sometimes one can be used in place of the other. But an engineering or graphics workstation is optimized to run engineering or design software, not games, so although the base hardware is the same, the algorithm or software to run the cards are different. Accuracy is different too.
Gaming cards emphasize real-time graphics, in displaying virtual worlds and fast respond to shooting games, explosions, movement etc. Design software, however, emphasize accuracy and speed in rendering, redraw and regeneration of changes. An inaccurate rendering of a blade of grass in a game is insignificant. In inaccurate rendering of a bolt in a building, however, may lead to disaster, so the workstation level graphics is a whole different requirement.
Other Special Custom Computer
Another popular application is Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency mining, using both generalized hardware as well as specially prepared hardware.
Custom Computer Servers
We also build Servers, both standard tower as well as rack mount servers. Our servers are more cost effective than those from Dell and HP or Lenovo, because we supply only what you specify, and do not force you to take costly additional features in addition to your specification.Paragraph
We make simple servers, optimized for price and simplicity. But also more complex servers, both stand alone and rack mount for data centers, larger servers and small and medium businesses. We can build hard drive racks that are SAS, Hot plug in, or SATA Raid types.
Custom Computers: Cheap Systems
Even though we can build complex, expensive systems, we are happy to build simple custom computers as well. For example, some applications like a data entry, or POS Point of Sales, need only minimal CPU, Drive or RAM. We are can build simple reliable systems.
When buying our system, we can customize it to completely meet the buyers need, whether it is pricing or special tasks at hand:
Windows or OS Installation
We install all varieties of operation systems, include vintage OS like Windows XP, Vista, and WIndows 7. Windows installation is typically through DVD or USB flash. Todays motherboard use two types of installation. The first is called legacy, and all operating system data is on the drive. The second is called UEFI. This difference is important as the OS serial number (Product code in Windows) is actually embedded in the motherboard itself. This is so that is Windows is reloaded, there is no need to type the Product code, it comes from the motherboard itself. Starting with Windows 8, then Windows 10, this is the prevalent case today.
Files transfer to New system
There are three scenarios for reinstalling a new Operation System (OS, mac or PC)
- New OS installed on formatted drive that is different from older drive. Files are copied from old drive to folder on New OS in new drive. This is commonly used on new system, or failed hardware on old drive.
- New OS from non-formatted drive, files are moved from old OS to new OS. This is if the old drive is undamaged. This procedure is common in removing virus and malware.
- Reconstruct Image. Entire drive is imaged, sector by sector. Then system is tuned up and repaired as needed. This method only works if the original drive and windows is undamage. It is most commonly used when increasing the size of a drive, or upgrading from rotational drive to Solid State Drive (SSD)
Tuneup PC or Mac
If the data is copied from an old system, we normally clean up the data so garbage is not copied over. Many customers find this very convenient and reassuring.
- New PC: Low cost or high end computers and workstations
- Data Recovery: Recover data from standard drives, SSDs, Flash
- Virus Clean and Malware removal; Fix PC and Macs
- Computer Service and Repair: Fix hardware and software PC, Macs, Laptops
- Apple Service and Repair: Fix hardware and software Macs and Macbooks
- Custom Gaming Computers: Laptops, Full Tower, Rack Mount Gaming Computers
- Electronic Recycling: Recycle PC, TV, Printers, Stereos, Power Tools, Toys, Wire, etc.
- Premium Electric Bikes: Distributor for Compuboost premium mountain bikes, all terrain, commuter bikes