Are you suffering from computer problems? Does your need computer repair? Compuboost performs all kinds of PC repair. We repair
Mention you saw us on the internet and get free diagnosis ($80 value)
- Dead, No power
- Shuts off by itself
- Boot Loop (boots –>shuts off –>boots –> shuts off over and over)
- Slow Internet
- Network issues
- Printer issues
- Malware infection or virus infection
- Computer too old
- Computer too slow
- Mouse freezes
- Water Spill (laptop)
- Dropped (laptop)
- Clinking or other noise
- Excessive Fan noise
- no sound
- keyboard doesn’t work (laptops)
- Artifacts (blocks or lines) on screen (laptops)
- Blue screen of death (PC computers and laptops)
- White or Grey screen (Mac and iMacs)
Computer Repair Service
We service all brands of computers and phones. Since 1992, Compuboost has serviced over 250,000 units and have thousands of satisfied customers in this area.
Mention you saw us on the internet and get free computer diagnosis ($80 value)
- PC computer repair
- Laptop and Notebook computer Repair
- Tablet computer Repair
- All in one Computer Repair
- Apple Macbook and iMac repair
- iPhone and Android phone screen repair
- Windows, Mac OS, Android and Linux Operating Systems
- All brands, like Dell, HP, ASUS, IBM, Lenovo, Sony, Toshiba, Samsung, Acer, Gateway, Compaq, Apple
Extend the life of your computer. Save hundreds of dollars over buying new machines by upgrading critical parts that bottleneck your performance.
Mention you saw us on the internet and get free computer diagnosis and recommendations ($80 value)
- Hard Drive Upgrades (larger drives to 8 TB)
- Faster Hard Drive to Solid State Drives (SSD)
- Ram Upgrades
- CPU upgrades
- Case upgrades
- Sound card Video Upgrade
- Wireless Module Upgrade
- Video card upgrades
No cost if not recovered. Free computer diagnostic and estimate. Levels 1 through 4 are done in house. Level 5 requires send out to specialist (nominal fees and commitment to recovery required)
- Level 1: Data deleted, accidental format, accidental move
- Level 2: Slight damage. Drive reporting imminent failure but still readable.
- Level 3: Moderate damage. Drive is failing, but most data can still be read.
- Level 4: Serious damage. Typically control board or head clicking. Drive is failing, but some data can be read.
- Level 5: Catastrophic damage. Typically drive dead. Requires Clean room disassembly for recovery.
Other Computer Services:
- Copy Data from old to new
- Backup System setup to cloud or external hard drive
- Setup new System
Free Computer Diagnosis
Mentions you saw us on the internet and get free diagnosis ($80 value)
New and Used PC’s
We also carry new PCs and a good selection of Used PC’s when its finally time to retire your old computer.
- Gaming PC
- Standard PC
- Special PC
For Used Computers, we carry specific models for people with special requirements
- Vintage PC for people wanting specific model to run older software
- Less expensive PC for 2nd PC, Den, Motorhome, etc.
- Simpler PC or Mac for Kid, Grand parents, guest room, etc.
- Short time period: only need it for short time, cheaper to buy used than rent new
All Brands Serviced
Internet Coupon for Free Diagnostic
Many times, the life of a computer can be extended by just repairing the faulty item, or upgrading a critical item like more RAM memory or larger and faster hard drive.
The most common upgrades are
- RAM : additional RAM helps programs run better. However, that only goes only so far. Too much memory and it is not used. For 32bit systems like Windows 98, XP or Vista, 4GB is about the maximum Ram that can be used (only 3.2GB can actually used). For 64bit OS, like Windows 10, 8GB is recommended, and the more the better (up to 16GB for office systems, and 32GB or more for engineering workstations and gaming applications).
Windows 7 and Windows 8 (as well as Windows 10) have both 32bit and 64bit , so the RAM upgrade will be dependent on which version.
2. Upgrade Hard drive. Here, there are two directions. First to go bigger. Hard drives are now made as large as 16TB or 16000GB for a single 3.5″ drive, and 4TB or 4000GB for a single 2.5″ laptop drive. This gives a huge boost typically to most systems.
Normally a larger drive will give faster performance. Not because the speed is faster, but the data is denser, so the same information can be read off in quicker chunks. To explain this, for example a 100MB file in a 100GB drive may occupy one sector. 100MB in a 1TB or 1000GB drive would only occupy 1/10 of that same sector. Data transfer rates does not scale linearly, but typically it would still be faster because of the geometry needed is much less than for a 100GB drive.
A second hard drive upgrade is to go SSD, or Solid State Drive. Here, the drive is actually Flash RAM, similar to a USB flash RAM. Since Ram is an order of magnitude faster than a rotational device like regular hard drive, SSD will provide instant improvement in overall computer speed.
Recent advancements in SSD technology now means they are both fast and large, upto 2TB or 2000GB in size. There are very popular since they are always in stock, and we have 24 hour turnaround, including copying or mirroring the old drive to the new drive. You upgrade will be seamless.
We remove infected computers and laptops, PCs and Macs, whether able to boot up or not. To help with diagnosis, we offer Free coupon for Internet users. Just print out and bring in, or show the coupon on your cell phone.
What is a virus versus Malware?.
Virus in the computer world are programs or codes that a malicious user tries to load (hack) onto a victims computer. Malware is a more recent development. It is perfectly running code, that has been changed to do something unexpected or undesired by the victim. For example, a famous old virus was the ILoveYou virus, which when activated, began overwriting the victims files, one by one.
As antivirus became prevalent, and simple virus no longer could penetrate computers (because there code is know, since they are actual programs), hackers had to evolve. The hackers changed too, whereas originally there were many smart, but amateur people doing the hacking. professionals soon took over.
Removing Malware is difficult. Since it is written by professionals, and not high school hackers anymore, they usually have several entry points, many backup attacks, and are extremely well disguised
Just running tools by anti virus and malware writers are usually not enough. We use manual intervention, looking for things or items slightly out of place, to ferret out malware and their hidden triggers. These items may be on the desktop, in user files, hidden system files, even oddities like slight color difference or names. Many malware looks and acts just like the real thing (for example Chromium versus Chrome) so it takes an experienced eye to find them all.
Windows or OS Installation
Compuboost provides Operating System repair and or install, either Mac OS or Windows. Windows installation is typically through DVD or USB flash. Unable to start up can be a manifestation of a myriad of problems. We have the tools that can fix Operating systems, and hardware issues even if the system cannot boot.
Todays motherboard use two types of installation. The first is called legacy, and all operating system data is on the drive. The second is called UEFI. This difference is important as the OS serial number (Product code in Windows) is actually embedded in the motherboard itself. This is so that is Windows is reloaded, there is no need to type the Product code, it comes from the motherboard itself. Starting with Windows 8, then Windows 10, this is the prevalent case today.
Operating system installation service include loading all drivers. We can also assist in moving over Email and programs, and setting up desktop.
Computer Repair Service: Files transfer to New computer service
We provide file transfer computer service. There are three scenarios for reinstalling a new Operation System (OS, mac or PC)
- New OS installed on formatted drive that is separate from older drive, files copied from old drive to folder on New OS in new drive. This is commonly used on new system, or failed hardware on old drive.
- New OS from non-formatted drive, files are moved from old OS to new OS. This is if the old drive is undamaged. This procedure is common in removing virus and malware.
- Reconstruct Image. Entire drive is imaged, sector by sector. Then system is tuned up and repaired as needed. This method only works if the original drive and windows is undamaged It is most commonly used when increasing the size of a drive, or upgrading from rotational drive to Solid State Drive (SSD)
Computer Repair Service: Tuneup PC or Mac
If your computer is running slow, has pop-ups, slow internet and a host of similar problems, we will clean up system, optimize the hard drive, update all the drivers, update OS to latest revision, delete cache and temp files, and uninstall unnecessary startup programs. Typical time to complete is 5 hrs.
Typical Tuneups take several hours, as many as six. We use a checklist of at least 40 items, from file clean up, manual registry clean, uninstall unused programs, drive defragmentation and optimization, update drivers and update Windows or Mac OS to latest versions appropriate to the system.
We offer data recovery services locally for all but the most damaged systems.
Data Recovery Level 1: Able to read Drive, but Unable to find Files
Here, the hard drive is not damage, but the files cannot be found. They can be accidentally moved, renamed or deleted but not overwritten. Fortunately, it is possible to retrieve this data by using software, scanning and examining the resultant files for the missing data.
Data Recovery Level 2: Unable to read Files, but Hard drive not Physically damaged
In this case, the hard drive is readable, but it has been accidentally formatted, the partition removed, or files accidentally deleted and overwritten. It is possible to retrieve this data in many cases by using software that will reconstruct the partition or deleted files. However, sometimes information like the file name is lost, so the user must still spend a great deal of time to review the recovered data. Special software, plus judicious manual inspection and reconstruction techniques can restore critical files and perform the data recovery.
Data Recovery Level 3: Hard drive repair
In this case, the Hard drive is damaged and needs repair. This is the common bad blocks problem. Because of critical nature of hard drive platters, and the extreme density of the data, it is prohibitively expensive to create perfect defect free hard drives. Hard drive manufacturers provide spare sectors (empty areas of the drive). If certain parts of the drive become unreadable, the hard drive electronics will reprogram itself to use the spare areas, and exclude the bad areas.
However, if the drive fails while holding critical data, then we have a crash. The drive can normally be repaired via software using the spare sectors and once data is retrieved, the drive can be used again. However, this is highly NOT recommended. The reason is the spare drive sectors are normally not sequential, so after data recovery, and reallocation of the spare sectors, the drive performance is seriously degraded.
Data Recovery Level 4: Hard drive badly damaged
In this case, the hard drive has serious physical damage. This includes bad blocks, but also drive electronics, and motor controller. In this case, if the motor works and heads work, it is possible to replace the drive components and restart the drive. However, every drive has a chip which holds the original factory information on the bad blocks found during manufacture. This chip has to be copied or transfer to the new drive board to make the drive read correctly.
Data Recovery Level 5: Sent out Third Party
In this case, the motor itself is dead or the head motors are not working. The drive needs to be sent out to a clean room where the motor or heads can be replaced and so the data recovery can be completed.
Computer Service: Apple Mac, Macbook, iPhone, iPad
We fix all Apple non-warranty covered products, at greatly reduced prices from the Apple store. If you need warranty repair, it is best to use Apple, for non warranty repair (like spills, water damage, drops, cracked screen, etc) we can generally do computer repair and computer service for less than half of what Apple will charge.
New PC and Laptops
We build custom computers. These include POS (point of sales), data entry pcs and tablets, and specialized computers for machine control (for 3D printing, CNC machines, medical equipment), Bitcoin Mining. We can supply any needed component, interface and help with physical installation and setup of your custom computer. We do both low end (inexpensive) as well as the highest end gaming and workstations
- Simple POS system Optimized for size, durability, low maintenance
- Data Entry PCs and Tablets: Optimized for price
- Machine control/Kiosk PC: Optimized for size, compatibility, durability.
- Virtual Currency, eg Bitcoin Mining PC: Optimized single purpose machine
- Gaming PC: Optimized for gaming applications
- Workstations: Optimized for Engineering and Design Applications
- Small File Servers: Optimized for Cost and Durability
- Large Data Center Servers: Optimized for Speed and Performance
Custom Gaming Computers
We build custom gaming PC in Aliso Viejo. These include custom super powerful gaming PC with Intel Core i9, NVidia GTX, RTX, Quadro and AMD Ryzen processors and video. We carry a full line of compact and Full Tower gaming chassis, with power supplies that vary from 500W upto 1500W to power multiple video cards and CPUs
- Nvidia GTX, RTX and Quadro Cards
- AMD Ryzen CPU and Radeon Video Cards
- Intel Multicore CPU i7, i9, Xeon Processors
- DDR4 and DDR5 RAM
- SSD Drives, Msata and regular to 2TB
- Rotational (normal drives) to 8TB each spindle
- Soundblaster Card
- 4K and 8K gaming monitors (fast refresh)
- Water Cooling
- Overclocking Motherboards: ASUS, MSI GIGABYTE, Intel
- DVD players
- Gaming Keyboard and Mice
- VR (Virtual Reality) Headsets
We carry the MSI line of gaming notebooks. Even in a portable notebook format, MSI has multi video card configurations that make the mobile gaming PC almast as fast as the fastest Desktop, but with carry around convenience.
Gaming laptops and notebooks have becoming popular recently. Aside from only the most strenuous game, notebooks have evolved where they can almost match desktops. In reality, they are portable desktops, because they draw so much power, both by the graphics card, CPU and video that battery life is generally poor. However, gaming laptops are portable, so a person can carry his gaming platform everywhere he goes and enjoy his game.
Custom Computer Workstations
Another custom area of PC we provide is custom workstations. Most are based on the Nvidia Quadro Video card, for applications like Engineering, using Solid Works, Auto Cad, Sketch up and other design tools. Also graphics and video design, using the latest software from Adobe, AAvid and others.
The requirements for workstations is different from gaming machines, although both are fast and sometimes one can be used in place of the other. But an engineering or graphics workstation is optimized to run engineering or design software, not games, so although the base hardware is the same, the algorithm or software to run the cards are different. Accuracy is different too.
Gaming cards emphasize real-time graphics, in displaying virtual worlds and fast respond to shooting games, explosions, movement etc. Design software, however, emphasize accuracy and speed in rendering, redraw and regeneration of changes. An inaccurate rendering of a blade of grass in a game is insignificant. In inaccurate rendering of a bolt in a building, however, may lead to disaster, so the workstation level graphics is a whole different requirement.
Other Special Custom Computer
Another popular application is Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency mining, using both generalized hardware as well as specially prepared hardware.
Custom Computer Servers
We also build Servers, both standard tower as well as rack mount servers. Our servers are more cost effective than those from Dell and HP or Lenovo, because we supply only what you specify, and do not force you to take costly additional features in addition to your specification.Paragraph
We make simple servers, optimized for price and simplicity. But also more complex servers, both stand alone and rack mount for data centers, larger servers and small and medium businesses.
We service and repair what we build, as well as any other manufacturer. We can also do restoration services, so if you have an antique or vintage desktop or laptop computer you want to restore, we can provide that service as well. Restoration computer service and restoration computer repair is great for someone wanting to revive a vintage computer they may had once used for nostalgia reasons, or to complete the look of a “1970’s or 1980’s” style room or den.
Here is a summary of other computer service and repair we do.
- Computer Repair Service
- Computer Upgrade Service
- New PCs
- Data Recovery
- Mac Service and Repair
- Virus Malware Clean
- Electronic Recycling
- Premium Electric Bike
Service Areas in South Orange County, CA
- Computer Repair Aliso Viejo
- Computer Repair Coto de Caza
- Computer Repair Dana Point
- Computer Repair Foothill Ranch
- Computer Repair Irvine
- Computer Repair Laguna Beach
- Computer Repair Laguna Hills
- Computer Repair Laguna Niguel
- Computer Repair Laguna Woods
- Computer Repair Lake Forest
- Computer Repair Mission Viejo
- Computer Repair Rancho Santa Margarita RSM
- Computer Repair San Juan Capistrano
- Computer Repair San Clemente